Definition of Ragging
Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student”.
What Constitutes Ragging?
- Any conduct by words spoken or written or an act which has the effect of teasing, threading or handling with rudeness to a fresher or any other student.
- Financial extortion or act of forceful expenditure.
- Physical abuses
- Rowdy/undisciplined activities, which cause or are likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical/psychological harm or fear or apprehension in any student.
- Forcing a student to do an act, which generates sense of shame, torment or embarrassment affecting his/her physique or psyche?
- Any act which prevents/disturbs/disrupts regular academic activities assignment to a student.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act affecting mental health and self-confidence of student with or without any intent to derive a sadistic pleasure showing off power, authority or superiority.
- To Curb the Menace of Ragging in Manjushree Institute of Nursing Science.
- Anti-Ragging Policy-Ragging is strictly banned in the premises of Manjushree Institute of Nursing Science. If anybody found indulging in such activities, strict action will be taken irrespective of the extent.
- To prevent ragging in the College and also take proper action against those whose are indulging into it.
- To root out ragging in all its forms from the institution by prohibiting it by law and preventing its occurrence by following the provisions of the Regulations of Supreme Court and UGC.
- Spell out suitable punishments to those found guilty.
Constitution of Anti-Ragging Committee
Functions of the Anti-Ragging Committee
- To monitor an undertaking in the prescribed format from the candidate concerned on anti-ragging at the time of admission.
- To address the students and parents by the head of the institutions on anti- ragging committee.
- To arrange to send letters to parents , guardians of the student at the and of the academic year for creation of awareness.
- To form monitoring cells.
- To suggest measures to tighten the security.
Role And Responsibilities of Members As Mentioned Above
- The faculty members can take the help of the member students as and when required and can also involved them in different activities relating to anti-ragging committee.
- To keep an alert eye to avoid any of ragging incidence.
- Walk around the campus to ensure that there is no such activity taking place.
- Keep reminding students about the severe actions which could be taken against them if they are found involved or indulged in ragging.
- Make students aware of their respective Institution about the rules and regulations of Anti-Ragging.
- Informing students about the affidavit and encourage students to fill and submit it in time.
- Taking ownership in making the environment of the campus absolutely free from Ragging.
- Actively participation and monthly meeting of Anti-ragging Committee or as per the schedulded informed to them from time to time.
- Identify and keep in close observation of the sensitive place of the institute where such incidence can take place.
- For each ragging incident, the member person is supposed to prepare and submit a complete report including their remarks about the incident for further action to the Head of Anti- Ragging Committee.
- If any such incident is reported to member or member himself/herself comes across such incidents, he/she has to immediately try to get connected telephonically/face to face to the group of students found/reported to indulge in ragging.
- The member person will immediately investigate about such incidence and will take in written from the doer and the culprit.
- The member person will also try to collect the information Oral and written from the witness and will put remarks of the witness in the report.
- Simultaneously, the member person will immediately bring to the notice of Head of Anti- Ragging Committee about such happening as first information and later on will submit an exhaustive report to the heads for further process and action.
- Since the gravity of the incident will be decided by the report which will get reflected into the decision of the degree of punishment for the defaulter, it is expected from the each member person that they make/develop the report with utmost sincerity and care.
- Each such report submitted to the Head of Anti-Ragging Committee will be further investigated by their own resources in order to reach to a right judgment & appropriate decision.
- The member faculty of each stream of Anti- Ragging Committee will be in close touch with the heads regarding the report they have submitted to the Head. His/her responsibility will not be over just by submitting the report; rather they may also be expected to be a part of decision. Thus, they are supposed to be in touch with the head till the final verdict upon the case submitted as come out.
- Each nominated member of the committee is expected to abide by the SOP.
Protocol To Be Followed In Case of Incidence of Ragging
- A formal complaint will be field with the anti-ragging committee/chairman/member/ member of anti-ragging squad.
- Authenticity of the case will be examined by the members deputed by the chairman.
- Initiation of the enquiry process by the by the members deputed by the chairman.
- After a formal enquiry, the report will be forwarded to the Head of the Institution.
- Appropriate penalty actions will be recommended to the Head of the Institution as per law.
The following are the penalties that may be imposed on a student.
- Oral/Written Warning.
- Suspension from the class for a week.
- Suspending from class for one month/semester.
- Prevention from appearing University Exams.
- Prevention form T & P facilities.
- Suspension from Hostel.
- Rustication from college
Anti Ragging Executive Comittee Member
||Name of the Faculty
||Mrs. Renuka H. Patel
||Ms. Ami Badgujar
||Ms. Jalpa R. Patel
Anti Ragging Squad Members
||Name of the Faculty
||Ms. Ami Badgujar
||Mrs. Jalpa R. Patel
||Ms.Kinjal Bharatkumar Patel
||Ms.Hiral Bharatbhai Patel
||Ms. Rajeshri Mukeshbhai Patel